View Comments Broadway.com has confirmed that the duo that brought you The Bridges of Madison County has been enlisted for mega-musical monster thriller King Kong! Tony winners Jason Robert Brown and Marsha Norman have boarded the long-in-the-works production, which made its world premiere in Melbourne, Australia in June 2013. The show is being revamped before it lands on the Great White Way.Brown will work on the score along with the original composer of the project, Marius de Vries. Pulitzer winner Norman will pen both the book and lyrics, replacing Craig Lucas. Meanwhile, after a flirtation with Tony winner John Rando, Eric Schaeffer (Follies, Gigi) has been brought in to direct. Daniel Kramer was at the helm for the Australian incarnation.No word yet on when King Kong will stomp on Broadway, but a developmental reading will take place next month in the Big Apple.Set against the backdrop of bustling New York City in the 1930s, the show tells the story of the infamous ape and his encounter with aspiring actress Ann Darrow, megalomaniac filmmaker Carl Denham, stubborn first mate Jack Driscoll and the people of NYC.The show’s score previously consisted of revamped 1930s Broadway songs as well as new and existing numbers from artists like Sarah McLachlan, Robert Del Naja, Justice, Guy Garvey and The Avalanches.
Kaspiysk, Russia | AFP | Russia’s Khabib Nurmagomedov said he had “shut up that dimwit” Conor McGregor as he lapped up a hero’s welcome on his return to his native Dagestan following the successful defence of his UFC lightweight crown against the Irishman.“Khabib! Khabib!” a crowd of some 20,000 fans chanted to welcome the unbeaten champion in an arena in the town of Kaspiysk, 14 kilometres from Dagestan’s main city of Makhachkala.Excited by Nurmagomedov’s appearance, hundreds of his compatriots broke through lines of stewards and pushed their way onto the pitch, trying to get as close as possible to the champion.“Thank you, brothers,” replied Nurmagomedov, who showed off his champion’s belt to the crowd.On Saturday Nurmagomedov defended his Ultimate Fighting Championship world title after putting McGregor in a brutal chokehold and forcing the Irish superstar to ‘tap out’ during a fourth round submission.It took his unbeaten professional record to 27-0 and 11-0 in UFC bouts.“I’d prayed to the Almighty every day not to have injuries, for it all happen,” Nurmagomedov said.“I wanted to shut up that dimwit up to prove the difference between our people and his people. “Nobody can break us, our people have a great history,” he boasted. “Hopefully, I’ve justified your expectations.”Although eventually awarded his championship belt, the Russian is still awaiting confirmation of whether he will receive 1.5 million dollars prize money following a post-fight fracas that saw him jump over the octagon and attack one of McGregor’s training partners, Dillon Danis.A dramatic free-for-all ensued, with members of Nurmagomedov’s entourage jumping into the octagon to attack McGregor as stunned officials battled to restore order.It proved a dramatic climax to weeks of media posturing between the bitter rivals, during which the brash Irishman stoked the flames through a series of insults about Nurmagomedov’s family and his Muslim religion.As security tried to quell the chaos in the crowd, the exhausted McGregor eventually departed in a huddle of security personnel.Nurmagomedov was also hustled out surrounded by security officers as the pro-McGregor crowd jeered and threw drinks at him.The UFC chief Dana White refused to hand Nurmagomedov his belt in the Octagon, saying he feared it would further inflame the crowd.Share on: WhatsApp
Facebook35Tweet0Pin0 Submitted by The Office Bar and GrillThe Office Bar and Grill, located on Mottman Rd in Tumwater, is celebrating the presence of City of Olympia’s “Comprehensive Plan” which has allowed for a $9000 crossing improvement between The Office and South Puget Sound Community College.The new development was completed this winter and includes a rectangular rapid flashing beacon as well as an access ramp on both sides of Mottman Rd. In the interest of “safe and convenient walking facilities…and improving pedestrian safety”, the City of Olympia agreed to share certain expenses of this project, by using city crews to install materials.The Office has a long-standing relationship with the college, providing paid parking for students as well as delicious meals at a reasonable cost, a lovely outdoor garden patio and an espresso stand, Coffee Mechanix.Owner Mitzie Phegley is very pleased with the new construction, saying “In the past, it was difficult for students to cross safely from the college to the our parking lot, due to heavy commercial traffic coming to and from the Mottman Industrial Park. We are very grateful to the city and the college for this safety improvement.”
Business Business, a team from Edmonton &Vancouver, won the event for the third consecutive year.Nelson’s Lumbersexuals came so close to advancing, but had to settle with a 1-3 mark during the tournament.However, for the Lumbersexuals it’s more about having fun on the field . . . Playing hard but having a smile on your face while doing it.Mallard’s Source for sports, a firm believer in sportsmanship, would like to salute the Lumbersexuals with Team of the Week honours.The squad includes, Mark Arnold, Raine Prsa, Nicole Perrin, Mike Moore, Anna-lise K, Adam Beckman, Andrew Hanna, Eli Brownlee, Paul Landsberg, Will Maurice, Danica Lee, Jason Lynch, Jenn Ross, Shannon Carter, Sarah Crookshank, Kate Bergen, Travis Kamm, Meghan Booth, Kate Rustemeyer, Daphne Powell and Gabrielle Plamondon. Nelson Ultimate welcomed more than 250 players from throughout BC and Alberta to the annual Disc Break 2017 at the Lakeside Pitch.
Look Good Feel GoodWith restrictions on health promotion in the county through the HSE at the moment a local community event is stepping into the breach and doing it for themselves while at the same time raising funds for The Bluestack Foundation, a Donegal based group who support children with special needs and their families.The “Look Good, Feel Good, night” is taking place in Kee’s Hotel Stranorlar this Wednesday April 11th at 8.oopm This is a night of health and beauty with guest speakers from the medical profession, beauty and skincare experts, , benefits of aloe Vera from Forever Living Products and a host of health promotion support groups such as mental health ,arthritis , fibromyalgia, and a group who offer tips and advice for those who may encounter someone suffering chest pains and possibly a heart attack. A fashion walk around from Cuba/Pure clothing and representatives from Slimming world will add to what will be a fun and informative evening and all for only an amazing €5 which includes refreshments! Evelyn Mc Glynn the organiser of the event explains, “We want as many people as possible to join us on the night and support such a worthy charity, but we wanted to keep it very affordable, a great fun night out and costing very little yet maybe learning something new on the night!”Dr.Sally Mullen will deliver the health talk on the night and Helen Kelly will treat us to a motivational talk with an inspirational theme to banish the doom and gloom the recession has placed on us in recent times. For any further information contact EVELYN 087 2246989Tickets are available in Eternal Beauty, Kee’s Hotel beautician or at the door on the night. ‘LOOK GOOD, FEEL GOOD’ WITH CHARITY NIGHT AT KEE’S HOTEL was last modified: April 9th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who hit the winning six in the ICC World Cup final on April 2 in Mumbai, would put his prized willow up for auction on Monday.India skipper MS Dhoni’s World Cup winning bat will go under the hammer in London on Monday.Dhoni’s bat is likely to generate massive interest among cricket enthusiasts as the winning runs of the title triumph came with a crunching six off it.The captain had promoted himself up the order in the title clash against Sri Lankans and played the knock of his life to help India lift the World Cup.The bat would go under the hammer for a noble cause as Dhoni aims to raise funds for wife Sakshi’s charitable organisation, Sakshi Foundation, to help under-privileged children.Dhoni would host a gala dinner at a five-star hotel in the city where the auction would take place. Besides his bat, it is learnt that most of Dhoni’s cricketing gear used in the World Cup finals would also be put up for auction.
Sebastian Vettel ended speculation about his immediate Formula One future by signing a three-year contract extension with Ferrari on Saturday.The Italian team, the sport’s most successful and glamorous, said the new deal covered the 2018, 2019 and 2020 seasons but gave no further details in a four-line statement of just 30 words.There will be inevitable questions about possible release clauses, not to mention speculation about how many tens of millions of dollars the 30-year-old German will be earning over the period.But the news, at the Belgian Grand Prix and a week before his team’s home Italian race at Monza, will allow Ferrari to concentrate on fighting for the championship without distraction.The four-times champion is 14 points clear of Mercedes rival Lewis Hamilton in the current standings, with nine races remaining.The German had been out of contract at the end of this season and there had been speculation about a possible switch to Mercedes — a shock move that would have sent a tremor through the paddock.Hamilton, a triple world champion who has one more year left on his Mercedes contract, laughed off that possibility earlier in the week when he told reporters that his rival did not want to be his team mate.Extension of the agreement between Scuderia Ferrari and Sebastian Vettel.https://t.co/jKmGTz1Sci pic.twitter.com/36CURtCu2i- Scuderia Ferrari (@ScuderiaFerrari) 26 August 2017Niki Lauda, the Mercedes non-executive chairman, told Sky Sports that there had been talks with Vettel.”We discussed it briefly once with him, but the more competitive Ferrari goes the less the reason he would want to leave,” said the retired triple world champion. “So therefore we stopped right away a couple of months ago.advertisement”I think every driver, if he’s clever, talks to more than one team. Then when you negotiate you’re in a better position. That’s what he did,” added the Austrian.Vettel’s Finnish team mate Kimi Raikkonen, the 37-year-old 2007 world champion, has already agreed a contract extension for 2018, keeping Ferrari’s line-up unchanged for next year.Raikkonen and Vettel get on well, with the Finn playing the role of loyal sidekick to the team’s main championship contender.Vettel’s decision to stay is likely to settle down the paddock until next year at least, and also appears to close down the prospect of Hamilton one day racing for Ferrari.Mercedes are now likely to retain Finland’s Valtteri Bottas, who joined in January from Williams as a replacement for now-retired 2016 champion Nico Rosberg on a one-year deal with options.That will put the main focus now on McLaren’s Fernando Alonso, who is also out of contract and looking for signs that the team can provide him with a competitive car before agreeing any new deal.The Spaniard, a double world champion who raced in the Indianapolis 500 this year, would appear to have limited options within Formula One.The latest media speculation has raised the possibility of a switch to Mercedes-powered Williams if he does not stay at McLaren.
Last week, Motorola confirmed an event on August 2 at its HQ in Chicago. Rumour has it that the company could announce a Moto Z3 flagship phone as the company is yet to announce a high-end flagship device this year. Apart from the Moto Z3, we also expect the debut of the Motorola One-series which could include two phones, tipped to be called Motorola One and Motorola One Power. Both the phones are expected to look similar with only some subtle differences, and a new set of live images give us another look at what the Motorola One could look like.The live images only reveal the back of the alleged Motorola One, but they do keep in line with past renders. It looks like the Motorola One will be the more expensive model compared to the Motorola One Power as the company is using a more premium glass design. You also notice a vertical dual camera setup that looks slightly different than the dual cameras on the Motorola One Power. The fingerprint sensor is also expected to be embedded in the Moto logo. Past renders have suggested that both the Motorola One phones will sport notched displays with the notch expected to be as wide or wider than that seen on the iPhone X. This, however, does not indicate as yet whether the notch will hide some advanced sensors for facial recognition like Face ID on the iPhone X. Both the phones could also sport similar displays, although renders suggest the Motorola One Power will have a narrower chin and possibly a slightly bigger display.advertisementAs the name suggests, both the Motorola One and One Power are expected to be Android One phones, which means they are going to bring stock Android software with a promise of timely Android security patches. Even though Moto phones typically bring near stock Android, the company has not been the best in delivery security updates. So the Motorola One phones will look to appeal Android users who want regular updates.Last month, a leaked spec sheet of the Motorola One Power revealed the phone could bring a 6.2-inch Full HD+ display and a Snapdragon 636 chipset coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. The dual camera setup could have a 12MP + 5MP configuration while the front could see an 8-megapixel sensor. The handset is also expected to house a 3,780mAh battery.None of this is confirmed as yet and we are not sure whether the Motorola One duo will in fact be unveiled on August 2, but given the frequency of leaks over the past few weeks, it looks almost certain that we could see the Motorola One and One Power phones soon.
The countdown is on until the 2014 State of Origin Series, to be held at the Sunshine Coast Stadium on Friday, 19 September and Saturday, 20 September 2014. Please see below the times of the games:FridayGame One1.00pm – Women’s 30’s (Field One), Men’s 35’s (Field Two)1.50pm – Men’s 30’s (Field One), Women’s 35’s (Field Two), Men’s 45’s (Field Three)2.40pm – Women’s 20’s (Field One), Women’s 40’s (Field Two)3.30pm – Men’s 20’s (Field One), Men’s 40’s (Field Two), Men’s 50’s (Field Three)4.25pm – Mixed Open (Field One), Men’s 55’s (Field Two)5.20pm – Women’s Open6.10pm – Men’s Open SaturdayGame Two8.00am – Women’s 20’s (Field One), Men’s 40’s (Field Two), Men’s 35’s (Field Five)8.55am – Men’s 20’s (Field One), Men’s 30’s (Field Two), Men’s 50’s (Field Five)9.50am – Mixed Open (Field One), Women’s 30’s (Field Two), Women’s 40’s (Field Three), Men’s 45’s (Field Four), Women’s 35’s (Field Five)10.45am – Women’s Open (Field One), Men’s 55’s (Field Two)11.40am – Men’s Open (Field One)Game Three1.30pm – Men’s 40’s (Field Three), Men’s 35’s (Field Four)2.25pm – Men’s 20’s (Field One), Women’s 20’s (Field Two), Men’s 30’s (Field Three), Women’s 30’s (Field Four), Women’s 40’s (Field Five)3.20pm – Mixed Open (Field One), Women’s 35’s (Field Two), Men’s 45’s (Field Three), Men’s 50’s (Field Four), Men’s 55’s (Field Five)4.15pm – Women’s Open5.10pm – Men’s Open Stay tuned to www.touchfootball.com.au for all of the links to the live streaming of field one games of the 2014 State of Origin Series.There are plenty of ways to keep up-to-date with all of the latest results, news and information from the 2014 National Youth Championships (NYC) and State of Origin Series (SOO). The Touch Football Australia, NYC and SOO websites will be updated regularly throughout the event with all of the latest information and can be found by clicking on the links below: www.nyc.mytouchfooty.com www.soo.mytouchfooty.com www.touchfootball.com.au All of Touch Football Australia’s social media pages will be regularly updated throughout the NYC event, so be sure to ‘like’ and ‘follow’ us by clicking on the links below. Facebook – www.facebook.com/touchfootballaustralia Twitter – www.twitter.com/touchfootyaus (be sure to use the hashtag #nationalyouthchamps and #SOO2014) Instagram – www.instagram.com/touchfootballaustralia (be sure to use the hashtag #nationalyouthchamps and #SOO2014) The TFA YouTube channel will also have highlights and game live streamed throughout the event. Please click on the link below to be taken to the channel, and be sure to become a subscriber to the channel – www.youtube.com/touchfootballausRelated LinksSOO Game Times
AC Milan goalkeeper Reina: Pioli a real football manby Carlos Volcano10 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveAC Milan goalkeeper Pepe Reina has welcomed the appointment of new coach Stefano Pioli.Milan lost four of their first seven Serie A games before the sacking of Marco Giampaolo.“For us, it was a particularly difficult start to the season. The second part will be more positive for Milan,” the goalkeeper told ANSA.“Pioli will bring positivity and tranquility. We must work and get to grips with his ideas quickly so we can be ready as soon as possible to face our next few matches.“He’s a football man who has a lot of experience in Serie A, someone who knows Italian football very well.“In all of us, there’s the desire for redemption and to do better from now on. So far we haven’t lived up to expectations and we also hope to improve quickly for the fans.“I’m always optimistic. Our objective must be to win every game. After that, we’ll take stock in May.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say